FACILITIES MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Red River Market Facilities Manager is responsible for setting up and maintaining the building and ground operations of the Market on Saturdays. The RRM will be open July 8 through October 28 (or as weather permits).
A successful Facilities Manager will be able to solve problems regarding the market’s venue and can anticipate needs of the vendors. The Facilities Manager is required to be on-site before and after the market is open. The Facilities Manager will be provided 3 Saturdays off and these dates must be pre-approved with the RRM Board at least two weeks prior to the date of absence. The Facilities Manager works as a team with the Market Manager and Retail Manager under the direction of the RRM board, a group of five volunteers, who oversee the vision for the market and its growth.
- 3 hours per week, Saturdays 8:00am-10:00am and 2:00pm-3:00pm
- 17 weeks, July 8 through October 28
- Total compensation is $75/week
Facilities managers are required to be available for cell phone contact with RRM Board and volunteer staff on market day and for regular email contact throughout the duration of their employment. Facilities managers must be willing and able to work outdoors and to safely lift and carry 40 pounds. The position requires the ability to work independently as well as interdependently with a team.
Specific Facilities Manager responsibilities vary by market. Generally, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the following:
- Sets up and tears down cables to provide electricity to vendors
- Sets up and tears down patio seating areas, with help from volunteers
- Sets up and tears down market stage, speakers, and sound equipment
- Sets up and tears down zero waste booth
- Ensures cleanliness and supplies of venue restrooms before and at the conclusion of each market
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of the site before and at the conclusion of each market
- Communicates weekly with the RRM Board on any issues or process improvements
- Occasionally assist vendors by providing limited set up help when needed
- Performs other duties necessary to support the market
The Ideal Candidate
- Is reliable, friendly, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Has access to a vehicle or the ability to get all supplies to the market
- Is able to drive a manual vehicle