RETAIL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Red River Market Retail Manager is responsible for daily operations of the Red River Market booth on Saturdays. The RRM will be open July 8 through October 28 (or as weather permits).
A successful Retail Manager will be able to manage inventory and sales of Red River Market products, work with volunteers, and merchandise the Red River Market booth. The Retail Manager is required to be on-site before, during, and after the market is open. The Retail Manager will be provided 3 Saturdays off and these dates must be pre-approved with the RRM Board at least two weeks prior to the date of absence. The Retail Manager works as a team with the Market Manager and Facilities Manager under the direction of the RRM board, a group of five volunteers, who oversee the vision for the market and its growth.
- 6 hours per week, Saturdays 9:00am-3:00pm
- 17 weeks, July 8 through October 28
- Total compensation is $75/week take home pay
Retail managers are required to be available for cell phone contact with RRM Board and volunteer staff on market day and for regular email contact throughout the duration of their employment. Retail managers must be willing and able to work outdoors and to safely lift and carry 40 pounds. The position requires the ability to work independently, as well as interdependently with a team.
Specific Retail Manager responsibilities vary by market. Generally, the Retail Manager is responsible for the following:
- Sets up the Red River Market booth and merchandises products in creative and visually appealing way
- Stages photo booth area at the Red River Market truck
- Conducts retail sales, SNAP/EBT sales, and customer service during market hours with assistance from volunteers
- Trains and manages volunteers at the booth
- Tracks token sales from vendors and pays out vendors at the conclusion of each market day
- Manages product inventory and provide recommendations to the Red River Market board on additional orders to be made
- Manages and closes out the till at the conclusion of each market day
- Ensures cleanliness and supplies of venue restrooms during market hours with assistance from Facilities Manager
- Communicates weekly with the RRM Board on any issues or process improvements
- Performs other duties necessary to support the market
The Ideal Candidate
- Is reliable, friendly, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Has experience in retail sales, retail management, volunteer management, and/or customer service
- Has an interest in local, sustainable sustainable agriculture
- Has access to a vehicle or the ability to get all supplies to the market